A new journey...

Welcome! Through this blog,  I will be chronicling my journey of producing a film opening! Buckle yourself in because you're in for a long ride! No looking back now! Let me cut straight to the point. I have never had to think about what I did nor deeply process my actions to come up with a comprehensive understanding of my actions, as I will do in this blog. From what I understand, this is not meant to be tedious, but rather a way to document and process my journey in creating a film opening. Let the journey begin!

Being honest, I have no idea where to start as this is a multifaceted process with many possible routes to choose from. I want my film to make the most out of the genre it is intended for, therefore I will begin my first undertaking by becoming well informed in my chosen genre, suspense. Firstly, why did I choose suspense? Because of its ease of production. See, in a suspense film, visual and auditory effects are easy to produce, such as close up shots of actors, and nondiegetic sound effects used to build tension and eventually create a release of that tension.

What exactly is suspense? As characterized in a post by eNotes, "As a state of mind, suspense is characterized by anticipation. Suspense occurs when the audience is unsure of what will happen next in the story." [1] Now you may ask why did we, meaning my group, choose to produce a suspenseful film? Because of a few simple reasons. As explained earlier, a suspense film has an easy production aspect. Similarly, due to its characteristics, it is targeted toward those that are aged 18 and older due to psychological reasons/issues. In short, a suspense film is not intended for young audiences as it can cause children to have nightmares and be scared for a long period of time. [2]

All in all, this is a small step in a long journey. It will start with this blog and end with a deep, thoughtful, and thorough reflection of how I got to the final result, my film opening. There's no time to lose!



[1] What is the definition of suspense? (2012, September 5). Retrieved March 01, 2018, from https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-th-definition-suspense-357660

[2] Stanghello Follow. (2016, January 14). Target audience of thriller genre. Retrieved March 01, 2018, from https://www.slideshare.net/Stanghello/target-audience-of-thriller-genre


White Coat, here it is!

White Coat has finally arrived! Here it is: Link:  https://youtu.be/dvAsmo32uo0